Do you live near Malmö and want to learn how to play guitar?
Do you want to find a guitar teacher in Malmö who can help you take your first steps in guitar playing? Or have you previously played, but don't know how to continue developing your skills? At Malmö Music School we have versatile teachers who can teach acoustic guitar and electric guitar.
During your guitar lessons in our course, we will work with:
- Note reading: we will work with the note reading.
- Rhythm: we go through rhythms, we clap and use the body to get an understanding and sense of the more complex rhythms. Most of the mistakes you make as a musician are rhythmic, which is why it is important that you also learn to understand the rhythmics outside the instrument.
- Chords: during guitar lessons into harmony, how different pieces are constructed, and how harmony supports a well-structured interpretation of music works.
- Hearing and singing: together with the guitar teacher, you continue to sing and develop the song. The important thing is not to sing nicely, but to be able to recognize the tones and match the tones you play on the instrument, with the voice. Then the response develops!
- Sound: learning to play guitar means taking advantage of everything the instrument has to give us. That's why we work together to help you discover all the nuances of guitar sound. Thus, not only weak or strong, but darker/clearer/thick/brilliant, etc. This is tied to a better guitar technique. Ultimately, technology can be defined as control over the movements so that you always make the guitar sound the way you want.
- Technique: in addition to the sound, as a guitarist you are also an athlete. As a guitarist, you use your body to create music and certain movements burden the body more or less. Therefore, we learn not only what tone to play, but also how. We work intensively during the course to help you understand how sound and technology go hand in hand. Everyone can produce the "right" sound once, but being able to do it every time is something you have to master.
- Note reading: from day one you learn to read and play at the same time, as we believe that note reading is necessary in order to develop your skills in the instrument.
- Rhythm: the most important characteristic of music is rhythm. It is the endless combinations that allow us to quickly recognize a particular paragraph and distinguish one from another. We therefore train our heart rate feeling by patting different rhythms and going through all the note values.
- Hearing and singing: being able to sing is one of the most important factors in the development of the hearing. We develop our response by singing different tones that we play and practicing to recognize them.
- Sound: we go through the different shades and sound colors of the cello as the cello should be like an extension of the voice.
- Technology: good technology is a prerequisite for having a varied repertoire, which is why we focus on basic string technology and left-handed technology.
- Ergonomics: sitting right while playing is incredibly important to avoid occupational injuries. In ergonomics, you learn different exercises for the shoulders and sitting legs that maintain a good posture when playing the cello.
Our guitar courses are primarily held on afternoons weekdays between 14:00-20:30, or Saturdays between 09:00-16:00. After your order, you contact us at Malmö Music School and in connection with our teachers we will find a time that suits you.
Length of course
Full year: 40 sessions of 30/45/60 min, with the possibility to take up to 6 lessons (reserve lessons/flex)
Autumn or spring term: 17 sessions of 30/45/60 min, with the possibility of making up 1 lesson
Summer course: 6 sessions of 30/45/60 min
There is a possibility of a short trial course of 8 sessions of 30/45/60 min. These start regularly during the semester, contact us for more information. Our full year and full term courses have discounted prices.
Autumn term 2021 starts week 34, Spring term 2022 starts week 3. Summer courses are scheduled between June and August in consultation with the school.
You can see the prices for guitar lessons at Malmö Music School on our order page.