Saxophone course, children and adults
Schedule for 2023:
Spring term (17 lessons): weeks 3-21. No lessons in weeks 8 and 14.
Summer courses (6 lessons): weeks 22-33
Autumn term (17 lessons): weeks 34-2. No lessons in weeks 44, 51-1.
Full year (40 lessons): lessons are scheduled in the spring and autumn terms (17 in each term) plus 6 lessons to be scheduled in agreement with the teacher between weeks 22-33.
The tuition fee can be paid in instalments via Malmö Music School, in which case there is only a monthly administration fee of SEK 49. No interest.
If you choose to join for the whole year (12 months), there is no administration fee.
Click here to see what the fees cost for monthly payment.
Want to start playing a versatile wind instrument? Or have you played the saxophone and want to deepen your knowledge? Do you want to learn new songs or work with your technique and tone formation?
Our teacher Jon Mellerby will help you to get started with the instrument or to go further in your development!
Children and adults. All lessons are personalised so no prior knowledge is required.
- Note reading: from day one you learn to read and play at the same time. We believe that note reading is necessary in order to develop their skills in the instrument.
- Rhythm: we clap different rhythms and go through all the sheet music values.
- Hearing and singing: being able to sing is one of the most important factors in the development of the hearing. We sing different tones that we play and practice recognizing them.
- Tone formation: we go through the different shades of the saxophone and find our personal "sound". The saxophone should be an extension of the voice.
- Technology: good technology is a prerequisite for having a varied repertoire. We learn basic saxophone technology.
- Ergonomics: standing right when playing is incredibly important to avoid future injuries. We test different exercises for back and shoulders to maintain a good posture.
Full year 2023: 40 sessions of 30/45/60 min (up to 6 reserve lessons*)
Spring semester 2023: 17 sessions of 30/45/60 min (1 reserve lesson*)
Autumn term 2023: 17 sessions of 30/45/60 min (1 reserve lesson*)
Summer course: 6 sessions of 30/45/50 min (no reserve lessons)
Shorter courses: 8 sessions of 30/45/60 min (no reserve lessons)
We have continuous start during the semester, contact us for more information.
Malmö Music School, our instrument and singing courses for children and adults can be seen on Kurser.se
*Substitute lessons replace missed lessons during the course. The number included depends on the length of the course.
Spring Term 2023 (17 lessons + 1 reserve), Summer Course 2023 (6 lessons), Autumn Term 2023 (17 lessons + 1 reserve), Full Year (40 lessons per year + up to 6 reserve lessons), 8 lesson package with continuous start, Trial lesson