Cello course (children and adults)
Schedule for 2023:
Spring term (17 lessons): weeks 3-21. No lessons in weeks 8 and 14.
Summer courses (6 lessons): weeks 22-33
Autumn term (17 lessons): weeks 34-2. No lessons in weeks 44, 51-1.
Full year (40 lessons): lessons are scheduled in the spring and autumn terms (17 in each term) plus 6 lessons to be scheduled in agreement with the teacher between weeks 22-33.
The tuition fee can be paid in instalments via Malmö Music School, in which case there is only a monthly administration fee of SEK 49. No interest.
If you choose to join for the whole year (12 months), there is no administration fee.
Click here to see what the fees cost for monthly payment.
The cello is heard in symphony orchestras in large concert halls, but also in video games and film music. The tone of the cello is warm and full-bodied and at the same time sounding, making it a suitable instrument even for solo play.
Do you want to start with a string instrument, but don't know which one? Then maybe the cello is for you.
We adapt the teaching according to you or your child and make sure that you get the help you need to develop and discover everything the music has to offer. You learn to listen, read notes and play from day one.
Children and adults. No prior knowledge is required.
- Note reading: from day one you learn to read and play at the same time. We believe that note reading is necessary in order to develop their skills in the instrument.
- Rhythm: we clap different rhythms and go through all the sheet music values.
- Hearing and singing: being able to sing is one of the most important factors in the development of the hearing. We sing different tones that we play and practice recognizing them.
- Sound: we go through the different shades and sounds of the cello. The cello should be like an extension of the voice.
- Technology: good technology is a prerequisite for having a varied repertoire. We learn basic string technology and left-handed technology.
- Ergonomics: sitting right while playing is incredibly important to avoid occupational injuries. We go through various exercises for shoulders and seat legs that maintain a good posture.
Full year 2023: 40 sessions of 30/45/60 min (up to 6 reserve lessons*)
Spring semester 2023: 17 sessions of 30/45/60 min (1 reserve lesson*)
Autumn term 2023: 17 sessions of 30/45/60 min (1 reserve lesson*)
Summer course: 6 sessions of 30/45/50 min (no reserve lessons)
Shorter courses: 8 sessions of 30/45/60 min (no reserve lessons)
We have continuous start during the semester, contact us for more information.
Malmö Music School, our instrument and singing courses for children and adults can be seen on Kurser.se
*Substitute lessons replace missed lessons during the course. The number included depends on the length of the course.
Spring Term 2023 (17 lessons + 1 reserve), Summer Course 2023 (6 lessons), Autumn Term 2023 (17 lessons + 1 reserve), Full Year (40 lessons per year + up to 6 reserve lessons), 8 lesson package with continuous start, Trial lesson